21 Feb Five Ideas For Refreshing Your Newsletter
You know you need to attract new customers and keep your existing clients coming back, but you can’t afford to invest time or resources into something that isn’t going to deliver the results you expect. That’s why you use email marketing tactics.
While email marketing is a cost-effective solution that gives you the power to reach customers in a place most people visit every day—their inbox—you need to make sure your communications (namely newsletters) are engaging and relevant.
Here are five tips to make sure you’re providing your customers with the right information:
- Identify your audience. Always start with your users and consider their experience. Send them content they actually value, not just an obnoxious sales pitch. Make sure you’re respectful in regards to the content you send, and make sure it’s something subscribers can use.
- Bring in the whole team. If your old newsletter isn’t working, it helps to bring in some outside perspectives to represent the best of your company. Having a team approach showcases who your company is. When your clients get your newsletter, they gain perspective on what it’s like to be with your company.
- Be more interesting. Make sure your content actually has something worth saying, and make sure you say it early and often.
- Have well-defined roles and a plan for production. Make sure everyone involved has a well-defined role, clear deliverables, and deadlines. Your newsletter needs to run like a well-oiled machine, with processes and quality control at the forefront.
- Be consistent. Part of quality control is making sure that you’re consistent on delivery, both in terms of what you send and when you send it. If your dispatches go out at random intervals, or if you don’t deliver on a promise, you’re now being viewed as spam. Don’t become an intrusion. Regular newsletter letter deliveries is what your customers signed up for, and they expect that.
Marketing automation (email marketing) is a great digital strategy for many small businesses—it includes implementing platforms that help organize and schedule marketing promotions, track results, create conversions and keep track of leads. Floppy Revolution can help your business understand and adopt an email plan to help build engaging, real-time communication. Find out more